About Me

My photo
20-something recent grad and wife. My husband and I were married on March 27, 2010. This blog is my journey as a young new wife {and mom}.

The Lives of Others!

Link us to your page!

About This Blog

My plans for this blog are to share my life experiences as a young wife and mom with all those who care to read!
Some special topics : Love, Life, Fashion, Inspirations, Family, Decorating, Party Planning, Kid's, Work and of course Married Life! Just to name a few!


Contact Me

vrodriguez@alumni.albertus.edu
Powered by Blogger.

Sweetest Love

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Followers

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Birth Story Part 1

At the Home and Mall :

So Monday, August 1st 4:00 am I woke up in the middle of the night for my regular trip to the bathroom, I peed and quickly made it back to bed to try and get back to sleep ...knowing that if I took to long I would be up the rest of the morning. Well, my body had other plans as I started having some mild contractions mostly just a crampy feeling that wouldn't go away (which wasn't out of the norm for the last couple of nights so I didn't think much of it) I tossed and turned with cramps until about 8:00 am then I decided  to go take a shower before the hubs got up for work. By the time I got out the shower the  hubs was just waking up, at that time I fought back and fourth with myself on whether or not I should tell him I had been having contractions all morning because he was already upset that I was going to be going to the furthest mall around here just to help my mom and sister find dresses for a wedding. lol I decided I would tell him just in case this was the real thing and then later have to hear him complain that I never told him I was in labor haha... Of course he wasn't happy but I didn't want to stay stuck in the house uncomfortable and alone ...so under the conditions that my mother and sister would only take an hour or so to find dresses I headed to the mall!! At this point the contractions were still there but not close enough or strong enough... just plain annoying!!

We arrived at the mall at 10 am(?), got some breakfast from Burger King (french toast sticks, oj and hash browns... I only tell you this because it plays a part in the story later lmao) which I couldn't  finish because of the cramping. Next stop Nordstrom, my mother starts to look for dresses and I start my search for a chair lol  (luckily I found a chair right in the fitting room).... I plopped my ass right on the chair and started to time my contractions with my handy Contraction Master App on my iphone lol (there's an app for everything) boy do I love that app!  As I was sitting in the fitting room with my iphone on top of my belly tapping start and stop on my phone my sister walks in and sit on the floor besides me and we begin to laugh and joke about how every time a contraction comes I "DIE" in my chair and then once it ends our conversation resume right were I paused it like nothing happened lmao !!! Anyways back to the whole reason we went to the mall ... My Mom comes in  to try on dresses and the first dress she tries on is perfect 1 down 1 to go. As my mother checks out I begin to have stronger contractions so I walk away from the register and by the time I come back to meet up with my mom to hurry her up the lady ringer her out goes "aren't you guys kind of far away from home if she goes into labor" lol at that point it kind of hit me like oh shit even the lady at Nordstrom thinks it's a bad idea that I came haha. Next we are off to BEBE so the pickiest person can find a dress ... yup my sister lol well guess what 30 mins later she finds a dress.... the dress lords were definitely with us that day because that was the fastest my mother and sister have ever found a dress!!


We spent about a total of an hour and a half at the mall and headed back home at that point these contractions weren't stopping and were picking up...  As I laid out on the back seat of my moms truck the pains quickly got worse and closer together (my app keeping close track of course) I text the hubs that I think by time I get home I was going to need to call the doctor and I emailed him my contraction chart lmfao so he could see how close together they were! I glanced over at my mother who was going 80 on the highway quietly panicking to her self and my sister knocked out in the front seat with her head toppling over every 2 seconds like a little a drowsy baby and couldn't help but laugh out loud!

Thanks to my mothers driving we arrived home fairly quickly and I found myself almost unable to move every time a contraction came at this point they 3-5 mins apart lasting about 1 min long. The hubs was already on his way home from work to be ready to take me to the hospital as soon as I got the heads up from the doctor ( who I still didn't call because the pains would take my breathe away). The hubs quickly gets home calls the doctors for me and then heads to our place to finish getting our things together and puts our bags in the car. The doctor calls back and says to head right to the hospital so we do just  that, I arrive to the ER and get whisked away to Labor and Delivery just like the movies only difference is I wasn't screaming  all the while leaving hubby behind trying to find the stork parking lmao!

No comments: