About Me

My photo
20-something recent grad and wife. My husband and I were married on March 27, 2010. This blog is my journey as a young new wife {and mom}.

The Lives of Others!

Link us to your page!

About This Blog

My plans for this blog are to share my life experiences as a young wife and mom with all those who care to read!
Some special topics : Love, Life, Fashion, Inspirations, Family, Decorating, Party Planning, Kid's, Work and of course Married Life! Just to name a few!


Contact Me

vrodriguez@alumni.albertus.edu
Powered by Blogger.

Sweetest Love

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Followers

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Wall Stencil



So the same weekend that I decided to take on my dresser project I got my wall stencil in the mail.
I was excited to tackle this project asap, so the hubs and I went to our local Lowe's and picked out paint and supplies for our hallway.


I ordered my wall stencil from Cutting Edge Stencils, I choose to go with the stencil called Zamira.
For this project we needed two different color paints, one for the wall and one for the actual stencil. You will also need a foam roller, tape or adhesive glue, a partner or two, painters tape to tape off any edges, napkins or cloth, foam plate, and paint trays.


First order of business was to paint our cream neutral color wall, we choose a Grey color ( I'll get the name later) we also picked a high gloss color for the wall color  and a flat color for the stencil so that it would be more noticeable.


After we let the main wall color dry we found the center of the wall as directed by the 1 million videos I watched before I started.

Because we choose high gloss paint, our tape would not stick to the wall to hold the stencil up in place ( BIG FAT FAIL). So for the first stencil that went down, I held the stencil and hubs went over it with foam roller (ANOTHER BIG FAT FAIL). As soon as we pulled away the stencil from the wall the hubs dropped the roller and walked off the project yelling FUCK THIS!!!  I was so pissed that he would give up after just the first try.

A couple of minutes later I was able to convince the hubs to come back and help me, this time he held the stencil up and I started to roll it, after  a couple of tries they got a little better. Let's just say the only time the hubs said anything to was when he was telling me to stop going over the same spot over again. He hated every hour that we spent on that wall, about 3 hours.

I do like the way it looks from a far and we still have to touch up a lot of it... but we had to put that aside for the meantime because I'm pretty sure the hubs would divorce me. LOL

If are thinking about doing something like this and have any questions let me know...

Here are some pics...





No comments: